Saturday, March 13, 2010

Would it matter if i spray painted my eminence?

I recently customized the entire of my car. I wanted to have my eminence speakers match the color of it. Would it matter if i spray painted the speaker? not the entire thing obviously(like not the magnet or the inside of the cone or nothing like that) just the just the part of the speaker u can see when u mount it. Just wondering if like it would muffle the sound or anything like that. thanks for the help.Would it matter if i spray painted my eminence?
It would weigh down the subwoofer's cone, and of which can change the way the sub sounds. Also realize subwoofers heat up, so that paint could act like a bit of insulation, not allowing it to cool properly.





Now if you are talking about painting the motor assembly, (the spiders/spokes etc....) you definitely can do that. I cant find the link...but I have had a friend that has done some painting to the spiders on a subwoofer and it looks AMAZING!





Just have to be careful because you dont want to get the paint into spots that could damage the subwoofers.


IE: The motor inside and the voice coils etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment