Saturday, March 13, 2010

I want to paint the outside siding of our house. How should I paint it? Brush or Wagner spray?

I have one side of the house that is all siding, and then the windows on every side. Do I scrape? I want to paint the outside siding of our house. How should I paint it? Brush or Wagner spray?
You should scrape off any loose paint, yes.





Spray painting takes a certain amount of skill to avoid overpaint or drips. Painting would be more time-consuming but would be better for a novice. I want to paint the outside siding of our house. How should I paint it? Brush or Wagner spray?
Spray painting is the fastest, however, all your windows need to be protected with paper and tapped bebore painting. The best job is done with brusinging and rolling the paint on, however, it is a time consuming project.
I'm a brush fan. I find that spray jobs can put too thin of a coat on. Brushing is a pain in the *** and very tedious but the end result looks better and lasts longer...especially on trim areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment