Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spray paint not drying?

So I painted a pair of rubberized binos with regular spray paint, couldnt find the right color anywhere.


And I really havent looked into specialized spray paint for rubber items.





Its been 3 days it its still sticky, my question is does anyone have experience with this....will it ever dry, can I speed up the process and is there some sort of enamel spray paint that will protect this coat and not dissolve it.Spray paint not drying?
Ooooooh dear - the enamel component of the paint you sprayed has melted the rubber. I've seen spray paints especially for ';plastic'; articles, but never rubber. I fear that your paint will never dry, and you might have to just try to blot off the wet paint.Spray paint not drying?
Dusty might be right. If the enamel has attacked the rubber your sol. I've had lacquers not dry when old. Out of desperation, I've bought the same product and top coated with success. Either the drying agents in the old stuff are dead, or didn't get mixed up, I don't know, but the new stuff sets it up.
I doubt that the paint will ever adhere to the rubber. Not much will adhere to rubber. You probably want to remove what's left of the paint with a solvent but be careful you don't damage the rubber.
instead of trying to cover in one coat use several light coats. but before you paint you must get the surface ready. try cleaning with with acetone.it prepares the surface by cleaning and making surface ready to adhere to. dont over do the acetone cleaning.the spraying should be several light coats about 6 to 8 inches away and in spurts not continous spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment